Thursday, July 22, 2010

Safety First Then New Friends

I'm going to try to be more diligent about updating my blog. I'm trying to be more diligent these days about lots of things. For example, I'm trying to wake up earlier, eat breakfast and get out of my apartment more often. It's a work in progress. Today I got up early though because I couldn't sleep...I WAS SO 'CITED! Today, my school took a field trip to the Safety Theme Park. It wasn't really that cool to be honest, but it meant an entire morning free of lessons, worksheets, and "please sit nicelys." I didn't take any photos, but trust me, it wasn't worth it. On the bright side, it made the day go by quickly, which I was thankful for.

I've mentioned before that I have had a hard time finding nutrients here in Seoul. I've found my favs and stuck with them; however, it's been quite a boring diet. Thankfully, a while back I stumbled upon a blog written by a vegan living in Seoul. It has been a god-send because I have already added a variety of new ingredients to my diet, as well as learned some new combinations for my main staples. I found (ok, find) myself addicted. The blog is bomb, and the writer seemed (is) pretty cool, too.

I decided to throw caution to the wind (subject line) and e-mail the author to see if she would like to cuss and discuss sometime over coffee. Fortunately, she didn't think I was a complete (and might I add desperate) weirdo and accepted my invitation. I met up with her today at a coffee shop and had a great time.

Furthermore, we were right across the way from a little grocery mart where I came upon some hard-to-find good such as Sri-Racha, curry powder, Stevia, vegan curry sauce and some canned olives. I was pu-humped!!! They ended up being pretty expensive, but I don't mind splurging on food. Next on my list is finding a good pair of running shoes....things will start feeling like home after that.

1 comment:

  1. hey, i really love your blog. i don't want to be creepy or anything, but do you think you'd want to meet up sometime? i promise im not a weirdo, i just think you sound really cool and sexy ;)

    how bout we meet up at osaka international airport at, ohhh, around 1130 am next saturday??? let me know if this works for you. ;)

    ReplyDelete