Sunday, January 9, 2011

From All The Junks The One I Need More is Music

*Heads up: this post might as well start out with Dear Diary...

This year is off to a pretty radtastic start. Things feel good here...I'm really enjoying where I am. Today, I had one of those moments where I was like: "Oh, hellllo, you live in Seoul, South Korea...that's kind of cool." I've been thinking a lot about what I want this year to look like...a rough draft if you will. But, I've also got that giddy, butterflies in your stomach feeling because you don't know what's going to happen thing going on, too. Not creepy butterflies. Good ones. I'm excited for this year :) (cheeeeeese -- soy-based. Obviously.)

I was running today and listening to the jam, and, without getting all Cansei de Ser Sexy up in here, suffice it to say that music is my best friend. It always gets me thinking, you know. (Don't worry -- not in an emo self-destructive I hate my life kind of way.) Somehow, by miracle of the Musical Gods -- Kurt, Lennon, Brock (just to name a few) -- songs always come on that set really awesome thought wheels into motion. (Dear Diary Post. I warned you.) The beats inspire me to put positive perspectives on any challenges I'm lookin' at, and ultimately, just lead to a peppier, positive me. Mix music with endorphins and you might wonder what I been poppin'.

Interesting Fact: For the past, oh, seven months, I've been sans television in my little ole apartment. This may not surprise you, but it really surprises me -- I could ask for a television and have one tomorrow, but would rather not. When I think about all the time I spent lying around watching the tube, it kind of bothers me. I think I might have missed out on a lot during college...but, that's irrelevant. Not being engrossed in all that the media world has to offer has inspired a much more creative daily routine, if I do say so myself. Like, now I can sit, ponder, and answer questions like: Who Am I? and What Am I Doing With My Life? (I don't really do that...a lot.)

No comments:

Post a Comment